MEDICINE IN THE MOROCCAN MOUNTAINS:
19 - 25 JANUARY BY ELLA YOUNG
From a place of deep gratitude for our surrounding, we begin our practice. Daily assortments of yoga will be drawn together to gently open your body, mind and spirit to the power of healing that is available to you in each moment. Morning flows, afternoon focus and evening assimilation will create stepping stones toward transformation. As we delve into the science of the self, we peel back layer after layer until we find a connection to the deepest, truest self - that which we all share.
From £875 the retreat experience includes:
• 6 nights in an ocean view Moroccan riad up in the mountains; roof terrace, private pool, outdoor shower, and beautiful gardens
• Sunrise yoga practices immersed in the magical moroccan mountains: moving meditations cultivating a sense of awe and wonder at each living moment
• Afternoon workshops and practices exploring stillness, touch and precious dusk meditation
• Night time star gazing, yoga Nidra and sharing stories by the fire
Plant Powered Food Experiences:
• See (and smell) how the national staple, bread, is prepared fresh, daily
• Become immersed in the hustle and bustle of the local souk selling spices, dates, vegetables and so much more
• Cooking class utilising local produce from the mountains
• Daily plant-powered brunch and dinner to tantalise the tastebuds and nourish the body, all prepared by our private chef
Plant Powered Cultural Experiences:
• Moroccan night dining with Moroccans in the Moroccan way…
• Hiking in the Atlas Mountains, foraging for fossils and herbal treasures
• Workshop on making precious argan oil by hand; a long and strenuous process that is the job taken by Berber women up in the mountains
• Ancient purifying ritual of hammam using a traditional combination of black soap and mineral rich rhassoul clay (additional, recommended participation in Moroccan culture!)
Extra Sprinklings of Beauty:
• A mini modern apothecary: organic gifts by Neal’s Yard
• Donkey neighbours
• Long-established neighbouring Berber villages scattered across the mountains
• Traditional Moroccan mint tea
• Free time to relax by the pool, explore the mountains and digest all that will awaken within
• Optional extras on offer: Massage/Hammam/Surf Lesson.
Investment (per person):
£935 Triple Share / £875 Early Bird
£1040 Twin / Double /£980 Early Bird
£1145 Double en Suit / £1075 Early Bird
Early Bird: Full amount paid by 31st August.
Book your spot through: email@example.com
To reserve your space now, you just need to transfer the deposit as well as sign and send back the Ts&Cs.
Full amount must be paid by 19th December 2019.
"I have gained my level 1, 2, 3 & Cert 4 in yoga teacher training through Byron Yoga Centre, specialising in purna yoga, respecting the whole 8-limbed system of yoga. I have studied and have experience teaching all of the following styles: hatha, vinyasa, pre-natal, post-natal, restorative, yin, kids yoga and chair yoga.
I have also trained in reiki (level 2), deep tissue massage, Thai massage, zen Thai shiatsu and adaptive yoga for paralysing injury.
After working in various organic, plant-based kitchens in Australia (Combi, Bare Blends, The Health Emporium, 100 Mile Table, just to name a few), I have catered for yoga retreats over Europe and Africa. Sourcing local ingredients in various continents draws a whole new wave of creativity each time that I revel in. I love to immerse myself in the learning that comes with a new environment, culture & cuisine, and the ability then to encapsulate tastes from around the globe.
I spent 6 months in Morocco leading groups through week-long retreats of transformation in the (anti) Atlas Mountains. From philosophical to anatomical workshops we dove deep into the art of yoga then danced our way through asana practices and found peace in meditation.
I then went on to organise and host my own retreat: Medicine in the Moroccan Mountains 2019. The retreat was such a huge success that it must be recreated for more magic! Medicine in the Moroccan Mountains 2020 is now available for booking."